Monday, January 19, 2009

HALLOWEEN

This past year was my first Halloween in about 5 years where I didn't have a party to plan. I promised my psychologist I wouldn't plan any parties. Without all the stress of planning something, I was really able to enjoy myself this year! Jason, Shaun (my brother), Cat (his girlfriend) and I went to a pumpkin patch. We were able to get some really big CHEAP pumpkins that we got to pick out for ourselves. We also went on a little mini corn maze and the boys had fun scaring Cat. It was a beautiful day!

Me on Jason's back at the patch.

Then right before Halloween, we went to our Ward's Trunk or Treat. We thought it would be fun to get all dressed up. When we got married, one of my mission companions sent us a large witch and large Frankenstein Monster. She put our names on them and called us the Newlydeads. Ever since then, we have been collecting witch's and Frankenstein's and we decided that we would be them this year. We had WAY too much fun spraying our hair with colored hair spray, painting our faces, and picking out the cool costumes. I guess if I have more time, I get a little more into it.
Us all dressed up. Jason even shaved his Goatee (he hasn't in 4 years) so that it would be more authentic.

Halloween itself was interesting this year. I dressed up with a friend at school as Salt and Pepper, and Jason ended up having to Ref football that night, so I stayed at home with another friend watching Hocus Pocus and Beetlejuice. I did get to dissect a heart at school, which was VERY cool : )

No comments: