Friday, November 7, 2008

Our Lives Since Summer

Just a quick update on us:

JASON- Still doing signs on weekends (early Saturday am and Sunday pm). My parents have been helping us out since we don;t have very much time this fall-THANK YOU!!! We have lost several routes and possibly could loose some more, so he is starting to look for other work. We hope somewhere in a hospital.

He is still OCCASIONALLY doing installs for Pinnacle (security systems), and is he cannot find a hospital job, we are hoping he gets to be the service tech in January when my brother leaves.

Reffing football is one of his favorite things to do, and this fall is no different. He is almost done (he only had about three weeks left), but has had lots of games on Thursday evenings, Friday evenings, adn even some Saturdays. It is easy for him to go since he loves it so much, I just wish they would offer football year round : )

When he isn't doing any of these other fun things, he is super busy with school. He is taking one class and tutoring for the class he took last year. The tutoring gives us a little money, too. He is doing very well in his class getting the highest score in the class on two of his lab tests!!

He loves teaching his primary class, but hope they call another teacher for him soon so he won't be alone anymore.

MINDY- Going to school full time. This takes up most of my time. I am taking 16 units this semester including one online class. The online class is my hardest class, but I still have straight A's right now (and over 100% in three of my classes). 7 classes is taking its toll with tests and homework, but I am managing. In one two week time period, I had 5 mid-terms, 3 tests, and 4 papers due. I think the difference this time is I actually LOVE what I am doing. I think I should have gone into the medical field to begin with, though I wasn't quite mature enough to make that decision when I got my BS. I can't wait to start my career as a Medical Assistant. Next semester I even get to wear scrubs and give shots and take blood- YEAH!

One thing I have been really thinking about now that I am going back to school is becoming a PA (Physician's Assistant). It requires a little more school before I can apply, but I am loving this so much, I don't want to stop! And then I could work in an ER with Jason : ) I actually am really looking forward to that aspect, though I am not rushing it and will work as a MA for some time before continuing on.

I also help Jason with the sign routes as we have found with me driving it saves about 30 minutes on each route (about 1 hour overall- one more hour of sleep-it's so worth it!)

I also have been helping Jason's Mom out a lot since she had knee replacement surgery and cannot drive herself anywhere. Jason and I were able to go to the hospital with her for the surgery and visited her three more times there. We also went and saw her frequently in the "nursing home" she was at for recovery. Now she is staying with Jason's brother Curtis, but needs rides to Doctor's, so I have been helping out with that.

I also teach primary and love my class. Each Sunday I am so excited to look up the lesson and figure out what I am going to be teaching the little kids. It sure makes me feel good to teach them about our Savior.

CAT- Many of you are wondering who Cat is. She is my brother Shaun's girlfriend who happens to be living with us. I add her only to tell you we have a roommate. We hang out with them occasionally and play games, go to Haunted Houses, or go to Pumpkin Patches. Its kinda nice having a built in couple to play with!

5 comments:

The Sorensen Bunch said...

You should have been an athletic trainer. Go get your scrubs on!

Livvy said...

Good for you Minzers!! I think you would be an excellent MA, and help people not be so nervous, etc., because you are very warm and caring. My sister, Miranda, has always wanted to do that too. But as for me, the blood and stuff is too much! But I am glad you are enjoying it...

John and Cara said...

Hey Farleys!!! Good to hear an update on your life! I miss being around you guys and hanging out. Sounds like your life is busy but good. I'm excited for you being a MA Mindykins!! Keep up the great work!! Love you guys!

booboo said...

Yeah for cute blogs!! Glad to see you updating it and having fun!! It gets addicting doesn't it?!

Bran said...

Good to hear from you , Merry Christmas. Leave me a comment if you can, and if you know who I am. Hermana Johnson